Tuesday, January 20, 2009

reason for troubles

I have found that the reason for a lot of my troubles is the fact that I doubt God is who He says He is. You may think, wow, Kayla, that's horrible, but listen and hopefully you'll relate too.

When I am anxious about my future, I am not believing Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." I am not believing that my Father wants to give me good things; I am not believing Matthew 7:9-11 "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Most insecurities I have (and probably you too) stem from the fact that I am not finding myself in my Father's eyes and delighting in what He thinks of me. I spend too much time listening to my thoughts and not enough time telling myself truth.

Living and existing should not be a passive process but an active process. We are allowed to relax in Christ and relish in His beauty, but we are also told to "demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." This requires deliberate thinking. This is an aspiration of mine, and you should consider it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment